Quickbooks will soon be updating their bank feeds, in line with Open Banking regulations. The new feeds means improved connections and a better experience, so this is good news! Quickbooks will send you an email to notify you that the new Open Banking connection is available for your bank – until then you will not need to do anything. A notification will also appear on the Banking page in Quickbooks. Once you receive this email/notification it is simply a case of following the onscreen instructions to update your connection.
To find out more about what open banking is and what you will need to do, take a look at Quickbooks FAQ’s concerning the new feeds.
Please be aware of the following features of open banking:
- The new feeds are being updated in stages, depending on which bank you are with, so be aware that they won’t all be updated at the same time.
- When you authorise your bank connection with the new open banking feeds, it will last for 90 days, after which you will be prompted to re-authorise the connection. Quickbooks bank feed will notify you when you are nearing expiry of authorisation.
- Authorisation of account feeds can only be done by the primary account holder (we will not be able to do this on your behalf)
If you have any questions:
- For technical queries (e.g. bank connection not working/has stopped), please phone Quickbooks technical helpline on 0808 234 5337.
- For non-technical queries please contact us as normal.